Social media is here to stay as a business tool and its use continues to evolve. It brings its own benefits and risks to employers, managing reputation and confidentiality being the core risks. Workers can easily tap out some words in anger or frustration and post it before their brain has fully engaged, often not really thinking about the consequences.
A Social Media Policy helps educates your team on expectations when using Social Media and the consequences for misuse. Whether that misuse is:
- Posting disparaging or negative remarks against the company’s workers, customers or suppliers
- Harassment of any worker or agent of the company
- Disclosure of confidential or commercially confidential information
- Posting material which could affect the reputation of the company in the eyes of the public
Does your Social Media Policy need developing/updating?
Need some help with your Social Media Policy?
- Please contact Juliette Smale for developing a fit for purpose Social Media Policy for your workplace, phone 021 444 121 or email email@example.com