The Institute of Directors offers an online Health and Safety Governance course. It is a 1 to 2 hour learning module based on the Institute’s good practice guides.
From the introduction of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, this module makes explicit the directors proactive duty to exercise due diligence regarding matters of health and safety and is especially relevant.
The Governance Course Includes:
- The importance of health and safety governance;
- Recent case studies;
- The shifting health and safety governance landscape;
- Changing legislation;
- Duties and due diligence;
- Liabilities and penalties;
- The role of the director in establishing and monitoring best practice;
- Framework of director responsibilities;
- Worker engagement; and
- Engaging and coordinating with other organisation where activities have overlapping health and safety risks
Who is the online module for?
Directors and senior executives who are seeking to refresh their knowledge of best practice in health and safety, have yet to familiarise themselves with the legislation changes, and those wanting to check their levels of understanding in the topic.
For further information go to the Institute of Directors website.